Do you dread dental appointments and avoid dental visits all together because of one little word- CAVITY? Surprisingly, there are many things you can do to get rid of cavities before they even appear so you can stop hearing that scary word during your next dentist visit.
Here are the top five things on how to prevent cavities:
- Brush Your Teeth: When brushing be sure to use a toothpaste that contains fluoride for the best results. It may seem to be the obvious way to prevent cavities but by brushing your teeth several times a day your chances of getting a cavity drops significantly.
- Floss Daily: Most often food debris gets caught in between teeth while eating, it’s important to floss to get rid of the debris so that it does not turn into a cavity.
- Eat Healthy: Proper nutrition plays an essential role in good dental health. Eating nutritional snacks and limiting the amount of sugary drinks will help to prevent plaque from forming on the teeth. Eating healthy is a fast and easy way to prevent cavities.
- Visit Your Dentist: The most obvious way to get rid of cavities is by visiting your dentist. Dental X-Rays, check-ups and cleanings are all vitally important to good oral hygiene and ensures that you get rid of cavities quickly and effectively. Visit your dentist twice a year for your checkup.
- Use a Mouthwash: Rinsing with a mouthwash that has been clinically proven to reduce plaque can help get rid of bacteria that causes cavities quickly and effectively.
Really all it takes is a little extra attention to your oral health when you want to prevent cavities. These five steps, plus regular checkups at our office will ensure your teeth stay cavity-free and proud.
Make an appointment with our friendly staff at Walnut Creek Prosthodontics at (925) 934-5526 or online at www.barmbyfrickprosthodontics.com.