There’s no doubt that a root canal procedure can cause some of the worst temporary oral pain you could experience. If you’ve just had a root canal or are planning on getting one done soon, follow the top five ways to help ease and sooth the pain after your procedure is finished.
- Make sure to take the antibiotics prescribed by your dentist.
- Relieve pain with anti-inflammatory medication, like ibuprofen.
- Avoid eating hard, crunchy or tough foods for the first few days.
- Compress an ice pack onto the affected area to relieve pain.
- Use a numbing gel such as Oragel to relieve pain once the anesthesia wears off.
If you experience any discomfort or pain after your root canal treatment, follow the simple instructions list above to help get yourself comfortable. If the pain after your root canal treatment persists, be sure to contact your dentist office immediately.
If you’re experiencing any pain indicating that you may need a root canal, contact Barmby and Frick Prosthodontics in Walnut Creek, CA at 925-934-5526 to schedule an appointment today. For more information regarding our services visit our website at www.barmbyfrickprosthodontics.com.