There is little more embarrassing than walking around with a chipped tooth. You go to the dentist and it looks like dental bonding is your best bet to return your tooth to its natural look. Your tooth will be conditioned, molded, and smoothed to the desired shape before an ultraviolet light hardens the material. All in all, a typical dental bonding takes about 30-60 minutes per tooth.
If you have just had a dental bonding procedure to enhance your smile, you should take the necessary precautions and avoid foods that can damage the bonding. Avoid the following after going through a dental bonding procedure:
- Avoid any dark drinks such as coffee, wine, or tea because individuals risk staining the composite resin.
- Avoid using your front teeth when chewing hard foods such as apples because this could loosen and damage the bonding.
- Avoid any chewy food such as caramel, gum, fruit snacks, and jerky because the stickiness may dislodge the bonding material.
- Avoid foods that have a high acidity such as vinegar, tomatoes, or pineapples.
- Avoid any bad habits such as grinding your teeth or chewing your nails.
Don’t allow certain foods or habits to keep you from having your ideal smile. Because your teeth are prone to damage after a bonding procedure, it is essential that you take proper care of your teeth and avoid all items on the list. For a cosmetic dentist in the city of Walnut Creek, trust Drs. Barmby and Frick and call today.
For more information about dental bonding, call Drs. Barmby and Frick in Walnut Creek, CA at 9255-934-5526 or visit www.barmbyfrickprosthodontics.com.
Drs. Barmby and Frick proudly serves patients from Walnut Creek, Concord, Danville, Lafayette, Alamo, Orinda and all surrounding areas.