We all need to take care of our smiles if we want to have the best smiles throughout our lives. So, this means brushing, flossing and rinsing with a mouthwash daily. It also means visiting the dentist on a regular basis in order to ensure your efforts are keeping your mouth healthy. Unfortunately, there are life events that can happen that cause our smiles to become flawed. When this happens, you may need to have some type of dental procedure done in order to repair your grin. This may be done with a dental crown.
Dental crowns are one of the most common restorations that an individual can undergo in order to give your smile the ideal makeover. The procedure, though quite simple, may bring up questions. Discuss any questions or concerns you may have prior to the procedure being done. Here are just a few basics:
- Crowns are used to fix cracked teeth. A cracked tooth may be evident when it hurts to bite down.
- There are other options to getting a crown, like a filling. However, if the crack is large enough, it may require a crown in the future.
- If you wait with a chipped tooth, it may lead to a root canal treatment rather than a crown.
- Root canals are not necessary in order to undergo a crown treatment.
- If your filling covers about 2/3 or the tooth, you will probably need a crown to rest on top of it to ensure a full recovery of the tooth.
For more information about dental crowns, call Drs. Barmby and Frick in Walnut Creek, CA at 9255-934-5526 or visit www.barmbyfrickprosthodontics.com.
Drs. Barmby and Frick proudly serve patients from Walnut Creek and all surrounding areas.